Core Resources is a joint support organization consisting of employees of New York Presbyterian and Columbia University Irving Medical Center.
Our mission is to provide a highly available, high performing, and secure network infrastructure that enables a seamless connectivity experience for the enterprise and a safe technological environment for the patient.
Our responsibilities are primarily the design, implementation, and maintenance of the New York Presbyterian and Columbia University Irving Medical Center network infrastructures. Our network provides secure transport for high-speed data, Internet Protocol (IP) telephony, and video traffic.
CUIMC Network & Connectivity:
- High-speed network access is available in all the CUIMC campus buildings.
- Portions of the CUIMC campus have 802.11a/g/n/ac wireless available to our user community and guests.
- We maintain and operate a privately owned and operated 40-Gbps Wide-Area-Network (WAN) with redundant 10-Gbps fiber optic links between twelve major NYP and CUIMC campuses.
- Enterprise Internet service for the CUIMC campus is provided in conjunction with NYP, connected to Internet 2, and supports multicast routing.
- Remote offices and physician practices connect back to our main campuses via high speed, dedicated links.
- We design, implement, and support Domain Name System (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), IP Address Management, and Virtual Private Network (VPN).